Youth Camper Application Requirements:
The Michigan Youth Trout Camp is open to a maximum of 20 boys and girls ages 14 to 16 years old. Each applicant MUST complete the following requirements no later than May 31, 2018:
1. Complete the application found here: 2018 Michigan Youth Trout Camp Camper Application This form is the new all-inclusive form which contains 9 pages. Please complete the forms and return them promptly as the reservations fill up quickly.
2. Provide a photocopy of both sides of their medical insurance card.
3. Submit a one-page essay on why you would like to attend the camp.
4. Enclose a letter of recommendation from a teacher, member of a conservation group, or church official.
The cost of the camp is $350 per camper. This fee does not have to accompany the application but will be required upon acceptance in mid-June. Possible Financial Support: A number of local Trout Unlimited chapters in Michigan offer financial support for deserving youth who want to attend. Please note that while chapter applications requirements for financial support, may be similar to the camp application requirements, you still must apply directly to the camp no later than May 31, 2018.
Complete Camper Application Requirements (Completed Camper Application-2018, i.e. Camper’s Essay, Copy of Medical Insurance Card, Letter of Recommendation forms, the Likeness Release, Photo-Video Policy, and Technology Agreement) should be mailed to:
1329 Poppy Lane
Dewitt, MI 48820
Adult Counselor Application Information:
Adult Counselor Application Requirements: We are always in need of adults (both men and women) to assist with running the camp. There are two requirements for adults who attend. Everyone must submit an adult application and the background check form. The following links provide the required information: 2018 Michigan TU Youth Camp – Adult Application and Sexual_Abuse_Policy
Click on the links below to save or print additional information about the Youth Trout Camp.
• 2018 MI TU Youth Trout Camp Rules: 2018 MI TU Youth Trout Camp Rules
• Items To Bring: Items To Bring To Camp
• Camp Schedule (typical): 2018 camp schedule
Click HERE for photos of the 2013 Youth Camp (this is a large file and may take a minute to download).
For Camp Information Contact:
Alan Brooks – Youth Committee Chairman
7568 N. 41st. St. Augusta, MI 49012 Home: (269) 370-3269